Virtualization: A Foundation of Cloud
IT-as-a-Service reduces costs and provides self-managed virtual infrastructure without compromising control. Virtualization is the first step in the transformation towards IT-as-a-Service, laying the foundation for cloud computing through an agile and efficient infrastructure.
Virtualization is applicable across the desktop, storage, server, network and applications environments. By providing a more efficient way for the business to access IT-as-a-Service, virtualization enables organizations to rapidly respond to challenges and opportunities in their marketplace.
Capgemini has developed services for clients at all stages of the virtualization journey:
Our Virtualization Services
Capgemini has developed a thorough approach to guide you through the three key phases of virtualization:
Analysis and Discovery:
- Evaluating assets, staffing levels, activities, skills, and provided, required and projected services
Planning and Architecture:
- Prioritizing areas for virtualization
- Determining whether there are some applications that cannot be virtualized
- Constructing a business case around proposed solutions
- Re-evaluating continuity and security
- Planning for migration and implementation
- Testing the virtualized design
- Deploying the planned solution
- Making improvements and changes
- Tracking benefits to prove the business case
- Monitoring service quality
- Auditing security and continuity
Delivering Real Results with Virtualization
Capgemini helps its clients realize the business benefits of separating IT hardware from the services it supports through virtualization. We have used our expertise to help an electronics giant benefit from reduced IT costs and increased flexibility. We also helped a large media firm to virtualize 90% of the applications running on its servers, removing over two thirds of machines.